Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Master Plan

So I feel a bit like a traitor...
I have been an OPI girl my entire life.  I can remember one time, ever, that I left a salon with something other than OPI lacquered on my nails, and I have certainly never purchased anything but. Today I finally caved.

I've known about Essie for a few years now, but have never paid much attention.  I started noticing its presence lately on Pinterest and tons of blogs, so I decided to see what all the fuss was about.  Walgreen's had a much larger selection than I anticipated...I planned on buying one and came home with "master plan", "east hampton cottage" and "adore-a-ball".  I stuck with pretty, varying neutrals, (I had to contain myself when I looked down and saw 7 bottles of $8 nail polish in my hands) although I've got my eye on some pretty vibrant ones for later.

I chose to start with "master plan" since I felt it best described the current theme of my life. It definitely took some getting used to.  OPI's brush has evolved into this fat, "pro-wide" applicator that I have gotten quite used to, so Essie's sparse brush was hard adjust to at first. That thin little applicator holds a surprising amount of lacquer!  I will have to experiment more with the other colors to be sure, but it seemed like I needed a thicker coat to get even, smooth coverage each time.  Once I got the hang of it, I rather liked using Essie. 

So do I feel like I "cheated" on OPI? A little...but I kind of liked it ;)
Let me know if you've tried Essie or would think of switching from your go-to brand.

Love,
Maureen

No comments:

Post a Comment